The Developing Excellence Plan (DEP) is Redwell Primary Schools structure for school improvement. We are focused on developing school priorities through Action Research Projects (ARPs), these include;
- Leadership & Management
Please see attachments below for more details.
We Are an Outstanding School
- Pupils’ attainment is consistently well above average in reading, writing and mathematics. They make excellent progress during their time in the school because teaching is outstanding.
- Teachers have high expectations for what pupils can achieve and plan work carefully so that it is just at the right level to take pupils forward in their learning.
- Children in Reception make good progress and are well prepared for Key Stage 1. Planning is sometimes overcomplicated, however, and does not always ensure indoor and outdoor activities build upon each other to develop children’s skills to the full.
- The teaching of reading has a high priority in the school and is well supported by parents and grandparents. Attainment is high as a result.
- Behaviour in lessons and around school is outstanding. Pupils feel cared for and safe.
- This school gives great emphasis to developing pupils’ sense of values, and qualities such as happiness and kindness are promoted constantly and highly effectively. Pupils’ attitudes to each other, to adults and to their learning are consequently exemplary.
- Leadership and management are outstanding. The experienced and inspirational Head Teacher has created an extremely effective staff team. Frequent checks are made to ensure teaching and pupils’ progress are maintained at a high level.
- Governors are keen to help the school to improve and have much expertise to offer. Their regular visits mean that they know how well the staff and pupils are performing.
'This school gives great emphasis to developing pupils' sense of values, and qualities such as happiness and kindness are promoted constantly and highly effectively. Pupils' attitudes to each other, to adults and to their learning are consequently exemplary.'